The present report gives an information update of the Belgian R&D programme concerning the geological disposal of high-level and long-lived radioactive waste and spent fuel. The report discusses the following topical areas:
• The schedule regarding the transport of reprocessed vitrified waste;
• A summary overview of recent developments concerning the PRACLAY project;
• An update on the legal framework regarding geological disposal;;
• An update on the funding mechanisms. This section includes the following two main parts:
o An information update concerning category R waste
o A clarification of the the funding mechanisms providing a consise overview of the sources of finances that flow into the fund supervised by SYNATOM and the long-term fund, which is managed by NIRAS/ONDRAF.
• An overview of press releases and recent reports concerning the Belgian programme on radioactive waste management.
|Number of pages
|Published - Mar 2008
|Studiecentrum voor Kernenergie