This report includes and reviews all work performed within WP4 in Getmat, using atomic-level computer simulations with embedded-atom-method (EAM) type interatomic potentials (namely using molecular dynamics and Metropolis Monte Carlo techniques) to address the following fundamental questions concerning Fe-Cr alloys:
1. Is the primary damage produced in displacement cascades influenced by the Cr content? If so, how?
2. Does Cr change the stability of radiation-produced defects?
3. Is the diffusivity of cascade-produced defects changed by Cr content?
4. How do Cr atoms redistribute under irradiation inside the material under the action of thermodynamic driving forces and radiation-defect fluxes?
5. Does Cr influence the glide of dislocations? If so, how?
6. Does Cr influence the interaction between dislocations and radiation-produced defects?
The answers that can be given so far to these questions are contained in the report.
|Number of pages||58|
|State||Published - Oct 2011|
|Publisher||Studiecentrum voor Kernenergie|